Getting personal with Bard: our actors dish on their preferences and peeves with the Pivot Questionnaire.
The Pivot Questionnaire is a type of interview that was created by French journalist and host Bernard Pivot, from an original quiz attributed to Marcel Proust.
Its popularity in North America didn’t flourish until TV host James Lipton used the quiz to wrap-up his guests’ interviews on the long-running TV show, Inside the Actor’s Studio.
Now, any serious actor welcomes the chance to put their own stamp on the answers – so of course we had to ask Gertie to tackle it! Here, the budding star reflects on food and…food.
1. What is your favorite word? Dinner.
2. What is your least favorite word? No (dinner).
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Food, food, and low tide at Spanish Banks.
4. What turns you off? Walking faster than 1km/hour.
5. What is your favorite curse word? Mother-ruffer.
6. What sound or noise do you love? The refrigerator opening.
7. What sound or noise do you hate? Vacuum.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Competitive eating.
9. What profession would you not like to do? Bed Bug Detector.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Thank Dog you’re here.
Stay tuned for more Pivot interviews with next week’s “two-legged” actor series.