Directions & Parking
Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival takes place between June and September on the BMO Mainstage and Howard Family Stage, under the tents at Sen̓áḵw/Vanier Park.
Bike to Bard
Go green this summer and bike to Bard! The Festival is conveniently located along the seaside bike route close to the Cypress Bikeway and the Burrard Street Bridge. Enclosed bike parking is available on site—please bring your own lock.
Driving to Bard
From West Vancouver/North Vancouver:
- Over Lions’ Gate Bridge (becomes Georgia St.)
- Continue down West Georgia
- Turn right at Burrard
- Continue over Burrard Street Bridge
- Right-hand lane runs into Cornwall Ave.
- Take first right after the bridge onto Chestnut
- If you miss Chestnut, turn right at Cypress
- Turn right onto Whyte Avenue. Our site is at the end of Whyte, by the water, just north of the Vancouver Archives building.
- For online navigation apps and for taxi, Uber and Lyft service, the Festival street address is 1695 Whyte Avenue.
From the South:
- Oak Street (continuation of main highway from White Rock and the Canada / USA border)
- Left on to Broadway
- Right on to Burrard until just before the bridge
- Take left lane feed to Cornwall
- Take first right off Cornwall onto Chestnut
- If you miss Chestnut, turn (next) right at Cypress
- Turn right onto Whyte Avenue (and see above).
Using Transit: Plan your trip
- From downtown Vancouver, take bus #2 or #22 from multiple locations along Burrard
- Exit bus at stop #50101, westbound at Cornwall and Cypress
- Walk North on Cypress
- Turn right at Whyte and continue to the Bard tents
There are several parking lots adjacent to the site. There is no parking in the neighbouring residential area.
The parking lot at the Museum of Vancouver & H.R. MacMillan Space Centre, and the parking lot outside the Vancouver Archives, are all now paid lots. NOTE: Parking in the Archives lot is reserved for Accessible parking only.
Avoid the line! Download the EasyPark or PayByPhone apps and use your phone to pay for parking.