Inspiring community through dynamic, engaging experiences of Shakespeare.
- See Bard Education’s full mission, vision, and values.
- Meet the Bard Education team, including our administrative team, Teaching Artists and 2023 Riotous Youth
Camps and workshops for children and teens led by professional theatre artists
Bard in Your Neighbourhood
Community partnerships bringing free programming to children and youth
Bard Youth Fest
Bring young people together to embark on a creative journey, and work on a short Shakespearean performance. Join others and perform at the Bard Youth Fest finale.
Bard for Life
Recreational workshops and classes for grown-up Shakespeare enthusiasts
Free drop-in classes for emerging and established theatre professionals
Paid post-secondary internships with training, mentorship and experience in Shakespeare performance, teaching artistry, leadership and public speaking
Student Group Bookings
Deeply discounted tickets to Festival performances for students and their teachers
The Bard Education Bursary Fund
Established in 2009 by the Bard Volunteers, the fund helps individuals, families, schools, and organizations overcome financial barriers to participation in our programs. Nearly $20,000 is raised and distributed annually.
Bard Education programs generously supported by
- Suzanne Bolton and Jefferson Mooney in support of Bard in Your Neighbourhood
- The Richardson Family
- The Edith Lando Charitable Foundation
- John Hardie Mitchell Family Foundation
- Special thanks to the supporters and guests of the Vancouver International Wine Festival’s Bacchanalia Gala for their support of Bard’s Education programs