In a Nutshell Talks
These FREE pre-show talks take place before every performance (excluding weekday matinees). Don’t miss these short, informal introductions to the plays’ stories and characters — it’s included in your ticket price!
BMO Mainstage: 40 minutes prior to curtain
Howard Family Stage: 50 minutes prior to curtain
Helpful Hints For Attending Bard
- The Bard site is open 60 minutes before curtain.
- The site is wheelchair accessible.
- Every Mainstage performance has Step Away seats and both theatres have wheelchair seats. If you need more information or have other access needs, please contact the Box Office at 604-739-0559.
- Look for signs on the parking lot kiosks stating the length of performances, to help you pay for the right amount of time. Note: you can register online at paybyphone.com and use your phone to pay.
- Please exit the site quietly as a courtesy to local residents, and as a play may still be underway in the other theatre.
Concession, Bar & Boutique
- The Concession, Bar and Bard Boutique are located on site in the Bard Village. They are open 60 minutes before every performance, and during intermissions, with the exception of the Bar, which is closed during weekday matinees. Credit and debit cards accepted.
- The Concession offers a selection of hot and cold drinks, light snacks, popcorn, candy, and cookies.
- The Bar offers a selection of red and white wine, plus beer and ciders. Alcohol not purchased at Bard is prohibited on site.
- The Bard Boutique offers a wide selection of Shakespearean books, scripts, mementos, souvenirs and clothing.
- Please turn off anything that beeps. It is very important to turn off wristwatch alarms, cell phones, and beepers for the duration of the show. If you are concerned about missing an emergency call, please leave your device, name and seat location with an usher and we will alert you if a call comes through.
- Dress casual and warm (bring a sweater or jacket) as the temperature drops after sunset.
- You are welcome to take pictures of the theatre and the set until the performance starts. Photography is prohibited when actors are on the stage.
- Bard is a scent-free facility in consideration of other patrons.
- Please wait until intermission or after the performance to discuss the show. Even whispers carry!
- All patrons under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by an adult. In consideration of the actors and other patrons, infants and children under 6 will not be admitted, except for Family Days & Relaxed Performances (all ages welcome).