Ticket Donation Program Criteria
Bard on the Beach is a not-for-profit charity, and we are committed to supporting other community organizations. We are pleased to offer ticket donations to select groups to support their fundraising efforts.
Due to a limited supply and the ever-growing demand for tickets, the following criteria will be applied to all donation requests. Due to the volume of the requests we receive, if your event falls outside of the criteria listed below you will not receive a response to your request.
- There are a limited number of ticket vouchers available and these will be issued to support charitable events taking place between November 1 and July 31.
- Vouchers will only be valid for BMO Mainstage play performances and will exclude Opening Nights and special events (including Bard Fireworks Nights).
- Donations will only be made to non-profit and charitable organizations, and groups fundraising for charitable beneficiaries.
- The non-profit/charitable organization applying must be BC-based.
- The request must be received a minimum of 4 weeks in advance of the charity’s confirmation deadline.
- Each charity is eligible to receive one donation per year. As multiple events often benefit the same overall organization, please be advised that a donation to your charity may already have been awarded through another event.
- Special consideration is sometimes given to organizations that recognize Bard on the Beach through signage and programme mentions. Please note on the application form if your organization would be able to offer that option.
Request a Donation
To request a donation, please complete our donation request form below. In addition to the form, you will be asked to upload a letter describing the event and the goals of your organization. This letter should be no more than one page in length. Due to the overwhelming number of requests received, only those organizations that are granted donations will be contacted. Note that while your event may not meet all of the requirements listed above, we still welcome your request and will be happy to consider it.
Once a donation is approved, materials will be mailed to the recipient via Canada Post. In some cases, exceptions can be made and the package picked up from the Bard on the Beach administrative office.
If you have any questions about the form or about our ticket donation program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org