General Auditions for the 2019 Season
Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival on April 2 & 4, 2018
Interested Actors should forward the following:
- Current resume
- Current headshot
- Brief cover letter addressed to Christopher Gaze, Artistic Director
Submit by mail or in person to Bard’s administration office address.
Office hours: Monday to Friday from 9am – 5pm
Bard on the Beach (Ref: General Auditions)
BMO Theatre Centre
201-162 West 1st Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Y 0H6
- Submissions must reach the Bard office by Monday, March 12 at 5pm
- Submissions by fax or e-mail will not be accepted
Artists selected for a General Audition will be contacted with an audition time and will need to prepare:
- Two contrasting Shakespeare monologues (2 min. max each)
- A short verse (30 sec. max) of an unaccompanied melodic song to showcase your range
- If you play a musical instrument please prepare a 30 second piece or you can choose to accompany yourself for your song. There will be a piano in the room.
Established actors who would like to be considered for our 2019 Season:
- Submit your current resume, headshot and a cover letter expressing your interest to the address above.
Bard on the Beach receives a large number of submissions each year, and as such is unable to offer audition times to all who apply. Principal criteria for inclusion in general auditions includes completion of classical theatre training and Shakespeare performance experience. Bard on the Beach welcomes and encourages submissions from artists of diverse backgrounds. Preference will be given to artists who have not had an audition in the last two years.
Bard on the Beach engages professional artists who are members of Canadian Actors’ Equity Association.
For further information, please contact Rhea Shroff, Company & Education Manager at 604-737-0625 ext. 222.