Bard’s Commitment to Health and Safety
The Bard team looks forward to welcoming back our community to our Festival and all our Bard spaces. Our top priority is ensuring that our guests feel comfortable and safe as they enjoy the magic of our theatres and Village, and when using any Bard facility. We are committed to transparent, accessible, and diligent care when it comes to health and safety measures, which will align with the BC Restart Plan. In the same way that we care for you, we ask all our patrons, program participants and guests to commit to caring for one another by carefully following the health and safety measures listed below.
Health and Safety Update
By order of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), proof of full vaccination is at times required to access certain events, services and businesses in BC. This requirement was lifted as of April 8, 2022. Bard on the Beach will continue to adhere to all conditions set out for us by the government. Any relevant changes to the PHO regulations will be communicated to BMO Theatre Centre visitors, ticket purchasers and Festival site visitors as needed.
For Visitors and Users of Bard Spaces at the BMO Theatre Centre
- Visitors and workers must not enter the BMO Theatre Centre if they are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- All employees and contractors, including Artists, and also volunteers engaged by Bard, are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Guests who will be spending time in the BMO Theatre Centre may be asked to show proof of vaccination.
- Masks are required in all shared spaces of the BMO Theatre Centre.
- Hand sanitizer stations are present at the main entrances to the BMO Theatre Centre. Washrooms are also available where guests and workers can wash their hands with soap and water.
- Bard will regularly clean and disinfect all frequently used equipment and workspaces (such as bathrooms, conference rooms, door handles, light switches, hand railings, and break areas).
For Patrons and Visitors to our Festival Site in Sen̓áḵw/Vanier Park
We are focused on creating an experience that provides comfort and care for all patrons and visitors to our Festival site. Our COVID-related policies and procedures are aligned with the Provincial Health regulations that will be in effect when we launch the Festival on June 8, 2022.
- Patrons and visitors will not be required to produce proof of vaccination to access the Festival site, as that PHO requirement is no longer in effect as of April 8, 2022.
- All Bard Festival site staff and volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Mask wearing will not be mandatory on the Festival grounds. However, we encourage you to wear a mask if you wish to, to support your own situation and needs, and we ask that everyone respect the individual mask choices of other site visitors. Disposable masks will be available on request at no charge.
- NEW THIS YEAR: hand-sanitizer stations will be located at various points throughout the site. There will be foot-pedal water sinks in the washroom area and hand sanitizer dispensers in the portable toilets.
- All surfaces will be sanitized on a regular basis.
- Additional outdoor eating areas have been created, where concession or outside food can be enjoyed in the fresh air.
For those with questions or concerns, please contact our Box Office in advance of your visit, or speak with a staff representative at the Festival site at any time. If you are feeling ill, do not come to the site. For ticket holders in that situation, please contact the Box Office in advance of your performance time for available options. Tel. 604.739.0559 or email email@example.com.
For Student Group Bookings
Guests who experience symptoms of COVID-19, the flu or a cold should not come to Bard. If a student misses their show due to illness, we will consider making an exception to our no-refund policy. Teachers should reach out to the Education Coordinator for next steps.
For Bard Education Participants
Please monitor this page for updates and information on in-person Bard Education programming.
We Welcome Your Feedback
Bard commits to an open dialogue, and we are responsive to community feedback about our health and safety plans and procedures. To share feedback or request more information about Bard on the Beach health and safety protocols and practices as they affect your attendance at Bard events, please contact our Joint Health and Safety Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This page was last updated on May12, 2022.