EMPLOYMENT POSTING POSITION
Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival
Bard on the Beach is Western Canada’s largest professional Shakespeare Festival, with a focus on providing accessible, inclusive, and vibrant theatrical works to the public. The Festival offers contemporary productions of Shakespeare plays, related dramas and special events from June to September in two modern theatre tents, in a magnificent waterfront setting in Vanier Park/Sen̓ákw; and offers online content and programs throughout the year. Full details here. Bard’s head office is located at BMO Theatre Centre in Olympic Village.
Bard on the Beach Theatre Society is seeking a seasoned Controller to join our Finance & Administration team. Reporting to the Director of Finance and liaising closely with other senior managers, this individual will be very hands-on with the daily operations of the Finance Department including overseeing the Accounting team.
- Oversight of A/R, A/P and Payroll activities and processes, implementing changes when necessary;
- Responsible for month-end procedures and reconciliations;
- Responsible for GST, PST and Payroll tax reports and remittances;
- Responsible for annual reports: Charity return (T-3010), T4s, T4As, EHT, etc.;
- Preparation of monthly financial statements including variance analysis;
- Discussion of variance analysis with Director of Finance and department heads;
- Assist Director of Finance with preparation of annual budget, cash flow forecast and external audit;
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Self-motivated individual with exceptional attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a controller / accounting manager
- Outstanding communication skills
- Completion or near-to-completion of an accounting designation is required
- Experience with theatre and the arts is considered an asset
This is a full-time position. Some evening work might be required.
Annual salary commensurate with experience.
Extended health and dental benefits.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Bard’s Health and Safety policies require that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please upload your cover letter and resume in one PDF named “[First & Last Name] Controller,” and submit it below.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, November 19, 2021
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bard on the Beach is committed to promoting an accessible, safe, inclusive and diverse environment. We respect, value and celebrate the diverse experiences of each person and actively encourage everyone to consider joining our team.