Employment Position Posting
EMPLOYMENT POSTING POSITION
Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival
Bard on the Beach is Western Canada’s largest professional Shakespeare festival, with a focus on providing accessible, inclusive, and vibrant theatrical works to the public. The Festival presents Shakespeare plays, related dramas and special events from June to September in two modern theatre tents, in the magnificent waterfront setting of Sen̓ákw/Vanier Park. Bard Education also offers online content and programs throughout the year. Full details here.
Reporting to the Director of Development, and working closely with the Administrative & Development Coordinator, the Development Coordinator will contribute to a range of fundraising activities, particularly in support of Bard on the Beach’s membership and sponsorship programs. The role will include assisting with the department’s execution of various events, including experiences for Members as well as Sponsor and Corporate Events. You’ll be part of a welcoming and collaborative staff team that is deeply committed to upholding and practicing Bard’s Company Commitments.
- Work closely with the Development Team and often the Operations and Production Teams, for all of Bard on the Beach’s internal events, such as member events, sponsor and corporate receptions, and Wine Wednesdays.
- Support a broad range of activities related to Bard’s membership and sponsorship programs, including renewals, acquisitions, stewardship, and administrative tasks.
- Oversee tracking and data analysis activities for Bard’s membership campaign, including maintaining the Membership Comparison Report, creating financial reports to track actuals against goals, and producing reports with criteria stipulated by the Director of Development and/or the Administrative & Development Coordinator.
- Help liaise with various vendors, including event planners, caterers, decorators, etc.
- General duties throughout the season supporting the Development Team
- Experience in working with the public and creating a welcoming space.
- An analytical mind with confidence generating and reviewing financial reports and figures.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Clear communication skills, in writing and in conversation.
- The ability to stay organized and accurate in a time-sensitive and fast-moving environment.
- A passion for live theatre and the arts, especially Shakespeare, and for inclusive practices.
- Previous event coordination experience (highly desirable, but not essential; equivalent experience will be considered).
Full time 37.5 hours per week until the end of September. Evening and weekend availability is required based on events and performance schedule.
COMPENSATION $22 per hour
Please upload your resume and a cover letter together in one PDF named “[First & Last Name] Development Coordinator,” summarizing your qualifications and experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, July 4 at 5pm
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bard on the Beach is committed to promoting an accessible, safe, inclusive and diverse environment. We respect, value and celebrate the diverse experiences of each person and actively encourage everyone to consider joining our team. If you have questions or need support or assistance in submitting your application, please reach out to Stacey Menzies at email@example.com or call 604-737-0625 ext. 235.