Bard Education Advisory Council
Are you an educator? A parent or guardian? A participant? We are reaching out to YOU to help us form the Bard Education Advisory Council!
Our team is committed to offering programs that are responsive to and inspired by our community, and incorporating your insights and perspective are key to making that a reality. We want this Advisory Council to represent a diverse range of voices so that together we can strategize how Bard Education can better serve our community, through new and existing programs and partnerships.
We are seeking individuals who:
- have a passion for the arts
- want to contribute to the future of local arts education programming
- are excited about challenging the status quo. Let’s shake things up!
For full details about the commitment, click here. Application deadline: March 15, 2022 at 11:59pm
We invite applications from folks who are…
- passionate about theatre and the arts in our community
- committed to the recovery of the arts sector after COVID-19’s devastating effects
- committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- interested in contributing to discussions on programming, accessibility, community partnerships, learning, and art
- interested in challenging the status quo, curious beyond your expertise and experience, and able to respect and respond to many different perspectives
- sensitive to conflicts of interest
- able to dedicate time and effort to fully participating in meetings and events
What we can offer you:
To thank you for your commitment and contributions, we are delighted to provide special discounts to programs and events, and a pair of complimentary tickets to our 2022 BMO Mainstage production. If you require support with childcare or transit costs, please inquire.
Advisory Council Member Responsibilities
The role of a Bard Education Advisory Council member is to:
- provide insights and perspective
- strengthen Bard Education’s programs
- discuss the effectiveness of programming with other Council members
How often do we meet?
The Advisory Council will meet between 4-5 times per year.
When/where do we meet?
Meetings will be in April, June, September, and December (with a possibility of additional, optional events in the summer). Most often, we will meet through Zoom. However, some special meetings will be hosted on our Festival Site at Sen̓ákw/Vanier Park, before a show and some may be hosted at the BMO Theatre Centre.
How long is the membership commitment?
We ask members to commit to a minimum term of one (1) year.
Onboarding and Training
We will provide training opportunities to new Council members to ensure you’re familiar with Bard Education’s Mission, Vision, & Values, and the programming we currently offer.
How to Apply
We look forward to learning more about you and your interest in the Advisory Council. Please complete the application form here. Application deadline: March 15, 2022 at 11:59pm
Follow-up interviews will be held via Zoom, March and April 2022. If you have any questions about the position, the application, or access requests, please email email@example.com.