Fireworks & More: Special Events at Bard on the Beach
Bard on the Beach celebrates Summer with the Return of Bard Fireworks Nights and other Special Events
JUNE 29, 2023, VANCOUVER, B.C. – Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival’s 34th Season continues in Sen̓ákw/Vanier Park with special events throughout the month of July and August. The highlight summer event is its signature Bard Fireworks Nights. Other events include a Canada Day Relaxed Performance, the all-ages Family Days performances, Wine Wednesdays and the Bard Explored forum series.
BARD ON THE BEACH 2023 SPECIAL EVENTS:
- The crowd-pleasing Bard Fireworks Nights, where patrons enjoy a performance of As You Like It or Henry V followed by a catered picnic dinner by Emelle’s Catering, a performance by Coastal Wolf Pack, and guaranteed, spectacular views of the Celebration of Light from an enclosed private seating area. Fireworks evenings are July 22, 26 & 29.
- Patrons seeking a more causal environment can attend the July 1, 2pm matinee Relaxed Performance of As You Like It.
- Wine enthusiasts enjoy Wine Wednesdays before one of three performances throughout the season. July 12, August 16 & September 13.
- Two matinee performances are designated Family Days, encouraging a new generation of young theatre patrons to discover Shakespeare and the Sen̓áḵw/Vanier Park festival experience. Special pricing and kids’ activities are in effect July 16 & August 20.
- Those seeking a deeper dive into the world of Shakespeare can attend a Bard Explored talk with Simon Fraser University’s Paul Budra on July 15 (Henry V), August 5 (As You Like It) & August 19 (Julius Caesar).
- Discover more about Bard’s plays from cast during Talkback Tuesdays in July and August, where performers will take part in free post-show discussions.
Bard on the Beach’s 34th season continues with two performances on the BMO Mainstage, As You Like It until September 30 and Julius Caesar, until September 24. On the Howard Family Stage, Henry V runs until August 13 followed by Goblin:Macbeth from August 19 to September 17.
Ticket prices for all regular play performances start at $30 CAD and are available now. Early booking is recommended for best seat selection, as many performances sell out in advance. The full performance schedule and event details are on the Bard website at bardonthebeach.org. To book tickets, order online through the Bard website or call the Bard Box Office at 604-739-0559 or (toll free) 1-877-739-0559.
Bard on the Beach gratefully acknowledges the corporate sponsors and donors who support and sustain the Festival and its programs. The 2023 Season Sponsor is the Peter and Joanne Brown Foundation, returning with vital support for another year. Production sponsors include: BMO Financial Group (BMO Mainstage) and Paul and Darlene Howard (Howard Family Stage), along with Production Sponsors Lawson Lundell LLP (As You Like It), Production Supporter the Richardson Family Foundation (Julius Caesar), BlueShore Financial Group (Henry V) and Polygon Homes (Goblin:Macbeth). Season Media Sponsors the Vancouver Sun and Global BC, as well as many other valued sponsors and partners. Bard also thanks the City of Vancouver Cultural Services Department, the Vancouver Park Board, the Province of British Columbia, the B.C. Arts Council, Canadian Heritage, and the Canada Council for the Arts for their continuing support.
Bard on the Beach is one of Canada’s largest not-for-profit, professional Shakespeare festivals. Established in 1990, Bard’s mission is to create transformative experiences through exceptional theatre, training and education opportunities that inspire, resonate, and promote the exchange of ideas. As well as its annual summer Festival, Bard offers year-round education and training programs for youth, adults and theatre professionals in its administrative home at the BMO Theatre Centre in Olympic Village as well as in schools and community facilities throughout the Lower Mainland of British Columbia.
2023 Season Photography is currently available on the Bard website.