Employment Posting: Development & Events Officer
EMPLOYMENT POSTING POSITION
Development & Events Officer
Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival
Bard on the Beach is Western Canada’s largest professional Shakespeare festival, with a focus on providing accessible, inclusive, and vibrant theatrical works to the public. The Festival presents plays by Shakespeare, related dramas and special events from June to September in two modern theatre tents, in the magnificent waterfront setting of Sen̓ákw/Vanier Park. Bard Education also offers online content and programs throughout the year. Full details here.
Reporting the Director of Development, and working closely with the Development Team, the Development Officer will contribute to a diversity of fundraising activities, particularly in support of Bard on the Beach’s Individual and Corporate Giving Programs. The role will often include assisting with the department’s execution of a schedule of in-person events, including experiences for Members, Sponsor and Corporate Partners. You’ll be part of a welcoming and collaborative staff team that is deeply committed to upholding and practicing Bard’s Company Commitments.
- Work closely with the Development Team and often the Operations and Production Teams for Bard on the Beach’s Festival events, such as Member Gatherings, Sponsor and Corporate Marquee Nights, and Wine Wednesdays.
- Provide a friendly point of contact for groups preparing for and hosting special Marquee gatherings as a part of Bard on the Beach’s 2022 Summer Festival.
- Help with logistical and event coordination as well as provide support during in-person and digital events, including set up and logistics, extending exceptional customer service, and assisting during the event as well as for the post event strike and clean up.
- Ensure proper signage and corporate recognition for any onsite events and special gatherings.
- Assist with managing event RSVPs as well as check in and ticket distribution for onsite events.
- Help liaise with various vendors, including event planners, caterers, decorators, etc.
- Support a broad range of activities related to the Membership and Major Gifts Programs, including renewals, acquisitions, stewardship, and administrative tasks.
- General duties throughout the season supporting the Development Team.
- Experience leading others in a team environment.
- Experience in working with the public and creating a welcoming space.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Clear communication skills, in writing and in conversation.
- The ability to stay organized and accurate in a time-sensitive and fast-moving environment.
- A passion for live theatre and the arts, especially Shakespeare, and for inclusive audience practices.
- Previous event coordination experience (highly desirable, but not essential; equivalent experience will be considered).
- Familiarity with relational data bases is a plus.
Full-time, seasonal contract, 37.5 hours per week through to October 28. Evening and weekend availability is required based on events and performance schedule.
$20 per hour
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Bard’s Health and Safety policies require that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please upload your resume and a cover letter together in one PDF named “[First & Last Name] Development & Events Officer,” summarizing your qualifications and experience, to bardonthebeach.org/current-opportunities/apply-now/.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 1, 2022 at 9 AM PT
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bard on the Beach is committed to promoting an accessible, safe, inclusive and diverse environment. We respect, value and celebrate the diverse experiences of each person and actively encourage everyone to consider joining our team. If you have questions or need support or assistance in submitting your application, please reach out to Stacey Menzies at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-737-0625 ext. 235.