Employment Posting: Education Production Assistant
EMPLOYMENT POSTING POSITION
Education Production Assistant
Full-time contract June 6 – September 2, 2022
Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival
Bard on the Beach is Western Canada’s largest professional Shakespeare festival, with a focus on providing accessible, inclusive, and vibrant theatrical works to the public. The Festival presents Shakespeare plays, related dramas and special events from June to September in two modern theatre tents, in the magnificent waterfront setting of Sen̓ákw/Vanier Park. Bard Education also offers online content and programs throughout the year. Full details here.
As part of the Bard Education team, the Education Production Assistant will support the successful delivery of Bard Education’s summer programs. The primary focus will be Bard Youth Fest, which celebrates the work of more than 150 youth collaborating with our professional teaching artists, our Summer Camps for children and teens, and the Bard Explored series. Reporting to the Education Manager with mentorship from the Production Associate, the Education Production Assistant will be part of a welcoming and collaborative staff team that is deeply committed to upholding and practicing Bard’s Company Commitments.
- Liaise between Bard Education team and the Bard Production team to ensure that all Bard Education events have technical and production support
- Stage manage Bard Youth Fest, a mini-festival of Shakespeare pieces created by young people with the support of professional theatre artists
- Coordinate the sourcing, sharing, and storing of props, costumes and other production resources used for summer camps and other Education programming
- Collaborate with teaching artists, production staff, and Bard Education staff on ways to include more awareness of and instruction in design and production elements
- Assist with the recording and editing of the Bard Explored series
- Provide general administrative and logistical support for Bard Education’s programming and events as needed
- Build rental package documentation for audio, lighting and streaming equipment
- Support Bard Education’s Mission, Vision, and Values, follow all Bard policies, and uphold Bard’s Company Commitments
- Experience collaborating in a team environment, ideally in theatre
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Clear communication skills, in writing and in conversation
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite necessary; experience with photography, videography and proficiency with Adobe premiere, DaVinci Resolve or iMovie an asset
- Experience in live events or theatrical productions in any capacity is an asset
- The ability to stay organized and accurate in a time-sensitive and fast-moving environment
- A passion for live theatre and the arts, especially Shakespeare, and for inclusive programming
37.5 hours per week, primarily Monday – Friday with a possibility of a hybrid (remote and in-person) working environment. A few evenings and weekends are required, with ample notice.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Bard’s Health and Safety policies require that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please upload your resume and a cover letter together below in one PDF named “[First & Last Name] Education Production Assistant,” summarizing your qualifications and experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Saturday, May 7, 2022
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate must complete a Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening, the cost of which will be reimbursed by Bard.
This position is dependent upon funding approval from the Canada Summer Jobs program.
Bard on the Beach is committed to promoting an accessible, safe, inclusive and diverse environment. We respect, value and celebrate the diverse experiences of each person and actively encourage everyone to consider joining our team. If you have questions or need support or assistance in submitting your application, please reach out to Stacey Menzies at email@example.com or call 604-737-0625 ext. 235.