Volunteer at Bard on the Beach
Volunteers are an integral part of our organization and play an important role in the success of our season. From June through September, our team of 200+ dedicated volunteers serve as ambassadors for the festival by providing a high level of hospitality and a friendly, welcoming face to our patrons. Volunteers work in the Front of House area as Greeters, Ticket Takers or Ushers; in retail as Boutique or Concession assistants and as Event assistants. We also offer opportunities to volunteer year round in the office and at community events.
The Bard on the Beach Volunteer program is generously sponsored by Peoples Trust.
Please note: there are currently no opportunities to volunteer in the costume or production department.
Applications for the 2017 season are now open!
Click here to fill out an application. We will contact successful applicants in March to schedule an information session and interview.
Bard Volunteer requirements:
- Available between mid-May and mid-September
- Must be 16 years or older
- You must be able to work a minimum of 25 hours but we hope that volunteers will commit to the equivalent of one shift per week throughout the season.
- Fluent in English
- You must be able to navigate the site safely
- You must attend the following:
- 1 hour information meeting
- One-on-one interview with a volunteer from our recruitment team
- Site orientation and training sessions