EMPLOYMENT POSTING POSITION
Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival
Bard on the Beach is Western Canada’s largest professional Shakespeare Festival. Its annual budget is over $8 million, and it employs a year-round team of professional artists and administrators. The Festival offers Shakespeare plays, related dramas and special events from June to September, in two modern theatre tents in a magnificent setting on the waterfront in Vanier Park. The Festival also offers year-round educational programming at the BMO Theatre Centre in Olympic Village, and throughout the Lower Mainland.
The Administrative Coordinator will report to Business and Employee Relations Manager and be a key member of the Administration and Finance Department. You will be responsible for the organization and coordination of the administration offices and shared meeting spaces at the BMO Theatre Centre. You will also collaborate with the Admin/Finance team to evaluate, develop and coordinate administrative systems that will serve to support all departments and improve organization efficiency.
This position will also fill a board secretary support role. Working closely with the Executive Director, Board Secretary and Chairs of each Board Committee, you will ensure all planning and correspondence for board meetings and board activity are executed with a high degree of professionalism, accuracy and efficiency.
- Responsible for the organization and management of the Bard administration offices and shared meeting spaces at the BMO Theatre Centre. This includes monitoring the administrative phone line and email, greeting and directing visitors, and dealing with administrative problems, requests and inquiries.
- Coordinates with the volunteer manager to schedule and supervise the front desk and concierge volunteers.
- Coordinates and oversees the management of supplies, resources and equipment including ordering and tracking office purchases and establishing partnerships with suppliers.
- Collaborates with IT and communications committees to manage inter-departmental communication.
- Assists with human resources tasks including coordinating job postings and maintaining commonly used HR files.
- Supports rentals and facilities maintenance at the BMOTC.
- Collates and distributes all board and committee meeting materials in a timely fashion.
- Attends and records the minutes of all board and board committee meetings.
- Oversees ongoing updates of the organization’s records and member lists.
- Oversees the board meeting cycle including the Annual General Meeting.
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors.
- Enjoys working and interacting with a diverse group of people and personalities.
- Helpful, respectful, approachable, and team-oriented attitude.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Adaptable, flexible and an interest in problem solving.
- Confident and positive demeanour.
- Advanced computer skills and the capacity to learn and adapt to new software systems. Experience using Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams is an asset.
Full time, permanent position, 37.5hrs/week.
Starting wage is $35,000 and will increase based on the successful candidate’s skills and experience.
Extended health and dental benefits
Please upload your resume and a cover letter together in one PDF named “[First & Last Name] – Administrative Coordinator,” summarizing your qualifications and experience, to bardonthebeach.org/current-opportunities/apply-now/.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 5, 2021 at 5pm.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bard on the Beach is committed to promoting an accessible, safe, inclusive and diverse environment. We respect, value and celebrate the diverse experiences of each person and actively encourage everyone to consider joining our team.