Family Days – Relaxed Performances
July 4, August 22 & September 13 | 2pm
A perfect Bard experience for you and your family! Arrive at the Village early for family-friendly activities including face-painting and a photo station. Then enjoy a performance of our magical comedy, A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
NEW this season, Family Days are Relaxed Performances, where we welcome people into our theatre who may enjoy a more casual environment. We have a more relaxed attitude about how our audience experiences the performance, and we ask all audience members to be aware of people’s needs to move or make noise. There might be small adjustments to the lighting, sound, or other effects; the artistic excellence of the production and the director’s vision remain the same. Relaxed Performances also offer a good introductory experience if you’re attending Bard for the first time.
At these performances you can expect:
- Free resources, such as a photo book to help you know what to expect when you come to our Festival
- Before the performance, a range of family-friendly activities starting at 12:30pm
- A chill-out space where you can take a break from the performance if you like
- Noise-reducing headphones and fidget devices you can borrow
- Extra staff to support anyone who needs help
SAVE with our family-friendly ticket package! Receive $10 off up to 2 adult tickets with the purchase of one Youth Price ticket. Maximum of two adult tickets per discount (excludes zones C and C+). Discount applied at checkout.
|Age 6+ event: infants and children under 6 will not be admitted|
Performance run time: approximately 2 hours 30 minutes (includes a 20-minute intermission)