Employment Posting: Sales and Analytics Specialist
EMPLOYMENT POSTING POSITION
Sales and Analytics Specialist – Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival
1-year Full Time Contract (potential extension to Full Time Permanent at the end of the term)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12 noon, Friday, December 10, 2021
Bard on the Beach is Western Canada’s largest professional Shakespeare festival, with a focus on providing accessible, inclusive, and vibrant theatrical works to the public. The Festival presents Shakespeare plays, related dramas and special events from June to September in two modern theatre tents, in the magnificent waterfront setting of Sen̓ákw/Vanier Park. Bard Education also offers online content and programs throughout the year. Full details here.
POSITION SUMMARY – YOUR ROLE AT BARD
As Sales and Analytics Specialist (SAS), you’ll be responsible for the collection, coordination and analysis of Box Office and related sales and operations data. Your mission will be to use that information to inform and support plans and activities related to Bard’s sales and revenue goals, audience development and related business operations. You will collaborate across Departments as a subject expert. And you’ll be part of an energetic, collaborative and open-hearted staff team that is deeply committed to upholding and practicing Bard’s Company Commitments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will work with the senior leadership team to develop the season schedule and pricing plan to support the annual ticket revenue budget; you’ll create and interpret reports and data to give historical, strategic, and practical guidance to the annual plan
- You’ll advise the Box Office Manager and Marketing Director on seating map design, pricing variations, and options for strategic sales promotions, as seasonal and annual plans are developed
Sales Responsibilities and Support
- You will manage demand-based pricing, zone allocations, and hold management on a performance-by-performance basis, using data analysis, to ensure an optimal sales pattern and to support revenue and attendance goals
- You’ll assist in creating events, performances and pricing in the Spektrix CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system, in support of the (lead) Box Office Manager
- You’ll provide sales data and related advice to the Box Office Manager and the Marketing Director throughout the season cycle, to support goals for audience development and revenue generation
- You may be called on occasionally to assist with ticket sales or sales team supervision when sales volume requires extra short-term support, and in doing so, you’ll monitor sales path processes and outcomes
- You’ll collaborate with the Box Office Manager to set up Marketing-related ticket promotions and discounts, make sure that tracking systems are in place, and analyze results to measure success and/or make recommendations for change
- You’ll manage the sourcing, integration and maintenance of ticketing-related hardware and online resources, collaborating with the Box Office Manager, the Operations Director and with the Marketing Manager for the website’s API interface
Reporting and Research
- You will create and run a variety of regular and custom reports related to ticket sales and revenue, often collaborating with senior leadership and Finance as well as Marketing, to help identify trends, issues and opportunities
- You’ll generate ideas for new strategic data-based projects that will support audience and donor development goals
- You’ll monitor the ticket selling landscape and advise on opportunities that could be beneficial to Bard, including the development of Ticketing Services options for external clients, and new data systems
- You’ll contribute to other administrative departments’ planning, when their projects and/or activities are connected to revenue, data-based research, or Box Office resources or procedures
- You’ll be a supporter and champion of data-based measurement and evaluation, everywhere in Bard’s operations
- You report to the Director of Marketing and Communications. No direct reports.
YOU’LL BE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU HAVE
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of Box Office operations (performing arts preferred, other live-entertainment sales operations considered); familiarity with Spektrix would be a major advantage
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with demonstrated high proficiency in Excel
- Excellent mathematical abilities and data analysis skills and knowledge; you love finding the potential in numbers
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills, while also paying close attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to explain complex data and statistical information to others
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and accomplish tasks without a lot of direct supervision
- Experience in and understanding of best practices in customer service
- A demonstrated commitment to inclusion by fostering a sense of belonging for a diverse spectrum of individuals
HOURS AND WORK LOCATION
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
The position allows for a hybrid (remote and in-person) work schedule, to be negotiated with the Director of Marketing and Communications in accordance with Bard’s policies.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Bard’s Health and Safety policies require that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
TERMS AND COMPENSATION
Minimum $47,000. Negotiable based on qualifications and level of experience.
Please upload below your resume and a cover letter together in one .PDF, named [First & Last Name] Sales & Analytics Specialist. Include a summary of your qualifications, experience, salary expectations, and why you think you’ll be a good fit for the role. Submit to bardonthebeach.org/current-opportunities/apply-now/. If you need support or assistance in submitting your application, call Stacey Menzies, Business and Employee Relations Manager at 604-737-0625, ext. 235 or email email@example.com.
We thank all who apply for this position; however, we’ll only be contacting you if you’re selected for an interview.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12 noon, Friday, December 10, 2021
Bard on the Beach is committed to promoting an accessible, safe, inclusive and diverse environment. We respect, value and celebrate the diverse experiences of each person and actively encourage everyone to consider joining our team. If you have questions about accessibility at Bard, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-737-0625 ext. 235.