Plan Your School’s Visit
We look forward to welcoming you to Bard on the Beach this season! To help you and your students make the most of your trip, please review this information and share it with your students prior to your visit.
Before Your Trip
- Plan to dress casually, bring a jacket or sweater, and wear comfortable shoes.
- Our runtimes are usually between 2.5 to 3 hours. If you need an exact runtime, please call our box office after June 1 at 604-739-0559.
Directions and Parking
- Please visit our maps and directions page for information on finding your way to Bard.
- Everyone in your group should plan to arrive at Bard 45 – 60 minutes before show time.
At the Box Office
- A designated group leader can pick up tickets under the name of the school starting 2 hours before show time. Please plan to enter our site, tickets in hand, 30 minutes prior to show time so that our front of house staff can seat your group in an efficient and timely manner.
- Please distribute a ticket to every individual in your group.
At the Bard Village
- The Bard Village will open one hour prior to curtain time, and the performance tent will open 30 minutes prior to show time.
- Our concession offers a variety of snacks and beverages that you’re welcome to bring into the performance tent, and the Bard boutique offers a variety of books, clothing, and gifts.
- The concession and boutique will be open before the play and during intermission only. Both accept cash, debit, Visa, and MasterCard.
- Please make sure you use the washroom before the performance begins, during the intermission, or after the performance. If you do leave the theatre during the show, you will be able to re-enter only at the discretion of the House Manager.
Inside the Theatre
- All seats at Bard on the Beach are reserved. We have ushers on hand to help you find your seats. Please ensure that each student sits in the seat indicated on their ticket. Trading seats may delay the performance.
- No electronic devices are permitted during the performance. We ask that you turn off and put away phones, tablets, music players, cameras, and all other devices for the duration of the performance. Before and after the show, we encourage you to like us on Facebook, tweet about us, or post your Bard selfie on Instagram.
If you have any questions or comments about bringing students to the Festival, please feel free to contact us at 604-739-0559 or email@example.com.