Bard in the Classroom
Bring Shakespeare’s words to life and into the lives of your students with Bard Education. Active, engaging, and energetic, Bard in the Classroom gives students first-hand experience in the art of playing Shakespeare.
And teachers, for your own first-hand experience of playing Shakespeare in the classroom click here for Bard in the Classroom: Professional Development for School Teachers.
New in 2018!
Shakespeare: In Action
The ideal way to support your Shakespeare unit, these workshops give students the chance to play Shakespeare with our professional teaching artists through the use of voice, movement, and acting exercises. Workshops can focus on a specific play, or provide a general introduction to Shakespeare.
- Available year-round
- Up to 90 minutes long
- Up to 30 students per workshop
- Up to three workshops per day
- Workshops can focus on the story, the imagery or the language (or a combination of all three) in a particular play, or provide a general introduction to Shakespeare.
- $220 per workshop + travel
“This program is an absolute must! I saw children come out of their shells and excel in ways I never dreamed possible. The instructor was so skilled in both motivating and guiding the children through this amazing opportunity.” Teacher, Brooksbank Elementary
An interactive introduction to Shakespeare. This full day in your school consists of a one-hour presentation for up to 300 students, followed by one-hour interactive workshops for up to four individual classes. (Up to 30 students per workshop. The same content will run in each workshop; two workshops will run simultaneously in separate spaces.)
- Available limited dates in May and June 2018
- Presented by Bard’s Riotous Youth emerging professional Theatre Artists
- One-hour introduction to Shakespeare presentation
- Up to four one-hour interactive workshops
- Standard rate $850
- Special offer for 2018 pilot: put in a request by April 30, 2018 to have A Shakesperience in your school for FREE + travel
To book a Shakespeare: In Action workshop or A Shakesperience, please fill in the form below. After submitting your request, our Education Coordinator will get in touch to confirm your booking. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to take a look at the ways in which Bard Education can be embedded within the new BC Curriculum to enhance your students’ learning (please check back for a more detailed insight in weeks to come).
Bard Education programs generously supported by
|Kinder Morgan Foundation|