Employment Posting: Corporate and Foundations Relations Manager
EMPLOYMENT POSTING POSITION
Corporate and Foundations Relations Manager
Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival
Bard on the Beach is Western Canada’s largest professional Shakespeare festival, with a focus on providing accessible, inclusive, and vibrant theatrical works to the public. The Festival presents Shakespeare plays, related dramas and special events from June to September in two modern theatre tents, in the magnificent waterfront setting of Sen̓ákw/Vanier Park. Bard Education also offers online content and programs throughout the year. Full details here.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Corporate and Foundations Relations Manager is an enthusiastic, detail-oriented individual who secures, nurtures, and oversees the stewardship of the company’s sponsors and foundation supporters, providing exceptional experiences and monitoring all deliverables including reporting. The position oversees the unique activation and execution of sponsorship events on site during the season and occasionally off season. This individual works closely with members of the Development, Operations and Marketing teams. You’ll be part of a welcoming and collaborative staff team that is deeply committed to upholding and practicing Bard’s Company Commitments.
- Relationship management of corporate sponsors and foundation grants from acquisition through to event management, reporting and renewals. Maintaining an excellent standard of customer service ensuring all interactions with sponsors, supporters, and prospects are always exceptional.
- Collaborates with colleagues to identify opportunities to grow organizational support with sponsorships and funding as well as to creatively craft stellar experiences with a one-of-a-kind organization and cultural leader.
- Work collaboratively with Operations and Marketing departments to acquire and update agreements with sponsors that continue to fulfill each department’s needs.
- Active researching and searching for prospective sponsors and grants throughout the season, to diversify and achieve departmental financial goals. Prepare briefing notes for sponsor and prospect calls/meetings.
- Collaborate with Marketing Department to achieve all print deadlines, sponsor recognition and deliverables as outlined in agreements.
- Work closely with Operations for unique onsite activations, volunteer management and event co-ordination for all corporate events, including opening night invitations, receptions, buyouts, and signage.
- Oversee all corporate events onsite, working closely with Development team, Operations team, and Bard Volunteers, ensuring exceptional experience for all corporate guests.
- Work closely with Box Office for all corporate ticketing deliverables and inventory maintenance for early season offers, opening night invitations, voucher distribution, corporate holds, sponsor events and requests as they arise throughout the season.
- Work closely with Director of Development in researching and writing grant and foundation applications. Completing reports to granting agencies, corporate sponsors, and foundations.
- Work as part of the Development team and with other departments to provide feedback, and constructive analysis of existing systems to further deepen the entire Bard experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field and/or a minimum of 5 years experience in a development role.
- Experience coordinating and executing a variety of special events.
- Strong writing and communication skills. Experience with contracting, proposal, grant and foundation writing desirable.
- Experience working in an arts organization desirable.
- Exceptional attention to details, deadlines and timelines, with the ability to multitask in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, esp. Teams, Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with relational databases is a plus.
Full time, permanent position, 37.5hrs/week. The position allows for a hybrid (remote and in-person) work schedule, to be negotiated with the Director of Development in accordance with Bard’s policies.
$50,000- $65,000 based on the successful candidate’s skills and experience.
Extended health and dental benefits.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Bard’s Health and Safety policies require that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please upload your resume and a cover letter below, together in one PDF named “[First & Last Name] Corporate and Foundations Relations Manager,” summarizing your qualifications and experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, July 1 at 9am PT
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bard on the Beach is committed to promoting an accessible, safe, inclusive and diverse environment. We respect, value and celebrate the diverse experiences of each person and actively encourage everyone to consider joining our team. If you have questions or need support or assistance in submitting your application, please reach out to Stacey Menzies at email@example.com or call 604-737-0625 ext. 235.