Employment Posting: Administrative Assistant
EMPLOYMENT POSTING POSITION
Approximately 30- 40 hours per week (negotiable)
1 year contract with the possibility of an extension
Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival
Bard on the Beach is Western Canada’s largest professional Shakespeare festival, with a focus on providing accessible, inclusive, and vibrant theatrical works to the public. The Festival presents Shakespeare plays, related dramas and special events from June to September in two modern theatre tents, in the magnificent waterfront setting of Sen̓ákw/Vanier Park. Bard Education also offers online content and programs throughout the year. Full details here.
The Administrative Assistant will assist with the organization and coordination of the administration offices and shared meeting spaces at the BMO Theatre Centre. Reporting to Business and Employee Relations Manager, you will be a key member of the Administration and Finance Department working together to evaluate, develop and coordinate administrative systems that will serve to support all departments and improve organization efficiency. You’ll be part of a welcoming and collaborative staff team that is deeply committed to upholding and practicing Bard’s Company Commitments.
- Assist with the organization and management of the Bard administration offices and shared meeting spaces at the BMO Theatre Centre. This includes monitoring the administrative phone line and email, greeting and directing visitors, and handling administrative problems, requests and inquiries
- Coordinate with the volunteer manager to schedule and supervise office volunteers
- Coordinate the management of supplies, resources and equipment including ordering and tracking office purchases and maintaining relationships with suppliers
- Coordinate the Bard ticket donation program in collaboration with the Box Office
- Collaborate with IT and communications committees to organize inter-departmental files and communication
- Assist with Human Resources tasks including coordinating job postings and maintaining commonly used HR files
- Assist with the Board Meeting cycle by helping to organize board resources and plan the Annual General Meeting
- Supports the Operations Department with rentals and facilities maintenance at the BMO Theatre Centre
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Enjoys working and interacting with a diverse group of people and personalities
- Helpful, respectful, approachable, and team-oriented attitude
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Adaptable, flexible and an interest in problem solving
- Advanced computer skills and the capacity to learn and adapt to new software systems. Experience using Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams is an asset
30-40 hours per week (negotiable), in-person at the BMO Theatre Centre. Availability between 9am-5pm is preferred but can be flexible to accommodate other commitments. Occasional evening work may be required.
Starting wage is $17-$19 per hour depending on experience.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Bard’s Health and Safety policies require that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please upload your resume and a cover letter below together in one PDF named “[First & Last Name] – Administrative Assistant” summarizing your qualifications and experience. If you need support or assistance in submitting your application, call Stacey Menzies, Business and Employee Relations Manager at 604-737-0625 ext. 235 or email email@example.com.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, March 18, 2022 at 5pm.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bard on the Beach is committed to promoting an accessible, safe, inclusive and diverse environment. We respect, value and celebrate the diverse experiences of each person and actively encourage everyone to consider joining our team. If you have questions about accessibility at Bard, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-737-0625 ext. 235.