Student Group Bookings
Experience the magic of Shakespeare on stage in Vanier Park! Student groups (K-12) receive a special rate of $22/student for select matinee performances. In an effort to increase capacity in June, we also offer a limited number of tickets at the student group rate for select evening previews.
NEW IN 2017, all booking requests will be completed electronically on a first-come, first served basis.
Please click this link to access our booking request form.
While there is high demand for student rate tickets, particularly in June, providing a second or third choice of performance date will greatly increase your chances of being booked. Although sending a booking request form does not guarantee tickets, we are usually able to accommodate almost all requests.
If your class is unable to attend one of the student rate performances, you may also book tickets to a regular performance at the Global BC Youth rate of $30/student. Booking for regular performances opens on Monday, March 27, by phone at 604-739-0559 or by emailing our Box Office.
We can also bring Bard to you with a Bard in the Classroom workshop for students or a Bard Unbound workshop for teachers. Two professional teaching artists will come to your school for a participatory, performance-based exploration of Shakespeare’s text.
2017 SEASON ESSENTIAL BOOKING INFORMATION
For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
Student Group Performances
Thursday, June 1, 7:30pm: Much Ado About Nothing
Friday, June 2, 1pm: Much Ado About Nothing
Thursday, June 8, 7:30pm: The Winter's Tale
Friday, June 9, 1pm: The Winter's Tale
Saturday, June 10, 7:30pm: Much Ado About Nothing
Friday, September 8, 1pm: The Merchant of Venice
Tuesday, September 12, 1pm: The Two Gentlemen of Verona
Wednesday, September 13, 1pm: Much Ado About Nothing
Wednesday, September 13, 1pm: The Merchant of Venice
Thursday, September 14, 1pm: Much Ado About Nothing
Thursday, September 14, 1pm: The Merchant of Venice
Wednesday, September 20, 1pm: Much Ado About Nothing
Thursday, September 21, 1pm: Much Ado About Nothing
Friday, September 22, 1pm: The Winter's Tale
- Please complete and submit the online booking form electronically. If you have additional notes to provide that cannot be made on the web form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment dates for student group bookings:
April 17: 25% non-refundable deposit due.
May 12: Final payment date for all June performances.
August 28: Final payment date for all September performances.
Bookings made after May 12: a 25% non-refundable deposit is due upon receipt of invoice, and final payment is due two weeks prior to the performance date.
- While we understand that it can be challenging to send in payment by August 28 for September performances, please note that the final payment due date is fixed so please make plans accordingly.
- We are unable to offer refunds on payments received.
- It is not possible for the box office to accept payment from individual students. Payment must be for the entire group.
- Seating assignment is at the discretion of Bard on the Beach. If anyone in your group has special needs or seating requirements, please let us know well in advance.
- Tickets will be available for pick up two hours prior to the start of the performance. We do not send student group tickets by mail. Please notify the box office at 604-739-0559 if you wish to pick up tickets earlier.
- Infants and children under 6 years of age are not permitted to attend performances.
- We require 1 chaperone per 20 students. Remember to include chaperones in your count as they will need a purchased ticket.
- As there are very few matinees in June, there is a limit of 100 tickets per school for each of these performances. There are no ticket limits for September student matinee performances.
- Student Group pricing is available for students and their required chaperones only.
Bard Education programs generously supported by:
Student Matinee Series generously supported by: